Here we are - week one on the GAPS diet. I guess we are jumping in in some ways and also easing into it in some other ways. I completely altered most of our meals, but Nik and I attended a wedding our first official night so that was a lost cause for me. And then the kids had regular snacks at Sunday School today. I need to figure out something for them for that. But otherwise we are doing it and it is going okay. Erik is striking the soups I am making, but am praying he will come around because he used to LOVE soups - any kind of soup!
I am writing out all of our meal plans ahead of time and then logging what we end up actually eating on here so I can track it for future meal/snack ideas. This should give you a good idea of what we are eating/not eating.
Week One Meal Plan
- Breakfast: Fried apples with leftover beef muffins
- Lunch: Mushroom soup, shredded turnips and celery root fried in coconut oil (this was really good!)
- Dinner: Grass-fed beef hot dogs, carrot fries, cucumber slices (This was for the kids while I indulged at the wedding).
- Snacks - bananas, homemade lemon gummy candies
- Breakfast: Coconut milk/berry smoothie; handful of raw almonds (soaked and deyhdrated)
- Lunch: Mushroom soup, homemade lamb sausage (this was yummy!), leftover carrot fries
- Dinner: Salmon, large green salad, mashed butternut squash
- Snacks: apples, bananas; butternut squash with honey and coconut oil
- Breakfast: Butternut squash with honey and coconut oil, bacon, sliced green peppers
- Lunch: Homemade chicken lunch meat, avocado mayo, lettuce for wrapping, tomatoes and carrots
- Roast chicken with onions, carrots & parsnips (I have since discovered parsnips are not gaps legal :( ), large salad with dressing made of olive oil and ACV, leftover Mushroom Soup
- Snacks: almonds, fruit leather, apples, blueberries fried in coconut oil
- Breakfast: "Hashbrowns" made of celery root and turnips fried in leftover bacon fat, home made beef sausage, carrot sticks and hemp milk. Erik was extra hungry and had an egg afterward. NOTE: I am not doing eggs for any of our meals b/c this is something we have to limit for Joel right now.
- Lunch: Onion Broccoli Soup w/meatballs
- Dinner: Roast chicken leftovers
- Snacks: apples/bananas, almond flour "butter" cookies
- Breakfast: Blueberry-banana coconut milk smoothie, macadamia nuts
- Lunch: Carrot Ginger soup with chicken, avocado slices on the side
- Dinner: Curry chicken w/green peppers and mashed cauliflower (So gooood!)
- Snacks: bananas, pureed butternut squash with coconut oil and raw honey
- Breakfast: Sausage, butternut squash puree with coconut oil and honey
- Lunch: Leftover carrot soup with hot dogs
- Dinner: Spaghetti w/zucchini noodles and a large, but plain salad
- Snacks: Green smoothie, Fried bananas, more bananas
- Breakfast: Pumpkin pancakes
- Lunch: Broccoli soup w/white bean hummus and veggies
- Dinner: Round roast, salad, artichoke hearts
- Snack: Berry chia seed smoothie; fruit; nuts